Iskola története - Angol
The history of our school
Our school started its operation in 1987, in a newly built building which was designed for 16 classes.
The Articles of Assocciation made it possible to start the following economic vocational trainings :
- industrial accountancy management
- foreign trade administration
- managerial administration
- typist and correspondant in foreign language
The structure of the school as well as the vocational profile was developed continuously with the new classes each year.
Number of the classes
Number of students
Class size (students)
80 per cent of the starting teaching staff consisted of young colleagues who had just left university. From the beginnings we have been looking for possibilities and methods which give us the opportunity to adopt to the changing needs of society and create local traditions. Due to the multidirectional developments within a short time our school became member of the cutting edge secondary economic vocational schools.
- In the school year 1987/88 –unlike other secondary vocational schools of economics, who used the central curriculum- we worked out our own curriculum, based on the central one and our own teaching material developments and experiences.
- In the school year 1990/91 with the support of the General Education Development Fund of the Ministry of Culture we stared a 4-year experimental course in one foreign trade administrator class. The experiment aimed to reshape the contents and the structure of the vocational education within the traditional training time.
- A two-year period during which general subjects, based on the national curriculum were taught
- A two-year period, during which besides the general subjects we taught vocational subjects on which we developed skills and proficiencies needed for the job.
In terms of structure our experiment is identical with the „World Bank Model”, but our experiment preceded this model with two years.
- From the school year 1991/92 we executed conceptional developments. In the field of accounting we launched bank, financial and business specialization.
- From the school year 1993/94 we replaced the foreign language typist-correspondent training with new-profile manager-secretarial one, and instead of the foreign trade administrator training we started foreign trade management training. We applied the new 2+2+1 system in a few classes.
- In the school year 1994/95 we started the experimental special vocational training of our students, who had already had their maturity exams. The aim was to give an opportunity to get an OKJ (National List of Vocational Trainings) certificate for students who were not accepted at higher education or were sidelined in the labour market.
The profesions we taught:
- Foreign trade manager
This form of ’retraining’ would have been popular with students who finished their studies in other secondary economic schools, but because of our limited material and personnel conditions we could only organize it only for our own students.
- From the school year 1998/99 –to meet the requirements of the Educational Act- we started to transform the organizational structure of the education.
1.General education period – Grade 9, 10, 11, 12
2.Vocational period – Grade 14
In the grades 11-12 the compulsory and the optional subjects prepare students for the school-leaving exam, the choice of the first profession and the higher education.
After the 10th grade the students could choose from 4 options to specialise:
-foreign trade manager
-general grammar school studies
In the 14th form –after the maturity exam- we taught vocational subjects, where as a first profession, our students could get the following high-level professional certificate in one schoolyear:
-Foreign trade manager
-Business administrator I
- In the school year 2002/03 due to changes in the OKJ (National List of Vocational Trainings) we could not train accountants anymore, as the job was ceased from there. Instead, students could choose a business IT administrator course. In the national final of the National Competition of Vocational Subjects our students won the 1st prize in business IT administration and foreign trade management.
- In the school year 2003/04 we made a cooperation agreement with the Budapest Economic and Polity (now Corvinus) University : in addition to our existing specializations we implemented a 2-year high-level, accredited professional training called financial manager assistant.
- Our teachers were excited about the school year 2004/05, as it was the first time we started a YILL (Year of intensive language learning) form, and it was the first time that our students took their maturity exams in the two-level system.
- In the school year 2005/06 –to meet the requirements of the labour market- our 14 formers could choose a new specialization. The international forwarding and logistics manager profession has been very successful from its initial year.
In the vocational training (14th) grade our students could get the following high-level professional qualifications:
-foreign trade manager
-business administrator I.
-international forwarding and logistics manager
-business IT administrator I.
The students of our school have the possibility to prepare here successfully for their higher education studies as well as for getting high level professional certificates.
We are proud of the fact that from 2nd July 2008 the school has been named after Keleti Károly, the founding father of statistics in Hungary.
In the school year 2011/12 we have over 600 students, who in the forms 9-12 (in case of YILL classes 13) get also vocational tuition to prepare for the future vocational training. Besides, we are involved in teaching an OKJ (National List of Vocational Trainings) job for students after they had passed their maturity exams. At present, it is international forwarding and logistics manager, with an average 32 class members.
Despite of reshuffling the vocational training in Budapest (centralising tuition in TISZKs, Local Integrated Vocational Centres)the educational structure implemented in our school is still unique. It is because in each professional field(economics, IT, administration, trade-marketing and business administration) -due to the contents and number of the vocational lessons students have in the forms 9-12 (13) - the length of tuition time can be shortened from 2 years to 1 year. This means, that only our students can get a high-level OKJ certificate in one year.
In accordance with the requirements of the taught economic professions and the need of labour market we teach financial and stock market studies. We put great emphasis on giving up-to-date knowledge to our students in the field of financial literacy.We have been teaching this subject in the YILL form for four years, and using digital material from the internet is a common and vital part of the lessons.
In the school year 2009/10 we also won the honorable prize of „Money-Compass School”. It is a high level recognition for schools which represent the economic and financial tuition of students during their pedagogical work on high level and in an exemplary way. The prize was adjudged by the Ministry of Culture and Education and the foundation of the Hungarian National Bank called Tudatos Pénzügyekért Alapítvány (Foundation for Conscious Financial Education).
Our students regularly take part successfully in financial and economic competitions, including the national and Budapest academic and vocational competitions, for example in the stock exchange game of the Brókerképző Alapítvány (Broker Training Foundation).
We got in touch with the Junior Achievement Hungary Foundation in connection with the project „Introduction of an economic education program” in 2008. We built a flourishing relationship with the organization in many fields. We are really proud of the biggest success of our cooperation: in 2010 the enterprise of our students (Sweet Nyrt.) won the prize of „The student enterprise of Hungary”. The team successfully represented the capital and our school alike ont he international fair of student enterprises in Belgrade, Serbia.